If you have not already downloaded BootMed and burnt it to a cd, go to the Getting Started page.
- Perform a S.M.A.R.T. test – SMART tests let you know the current status of your hard drive’s health. A great way to figure out if you have a software problem or a hardware problem.
- Image a Hard Drive – Make a forensic image of a damaged or corrupted hard drive with dd-rescue and recover files from the image
- Recover a Windows 7/Vista Registry – Every 10 days Windows 7 and Vista are scheduled to make backups of their registries, by restoring the Registry from one of these backups, you may be able to get your computer booting again.
- Recover Files – Copy files from a computer that will not boot to a pen drive or external hard drive.
- Scan for Viruses – How to scan for Viruses with ClamTK.
- Recover deleted files with:
- Recover a Partition – Recover a deleted partition with TestDisk
Tags: antivirus, BootMed, forensic, Free, help, live cd, PhotoRec, raw image, recover, recovery, software, testdisk, tutorials, virus